Connect Home Connect Home

Group discussion > [SOLVED] Problem with icons solved

[SOLVED] Problem with icons solved

Efstathios Iosifidis
3102 days ago

Hello,

I use E17 the past month. I used almost all the last few releases.

Although I did zypper up after the official release, the system didn't update.

Splash screen was from omega release. So I went to yast and did the update from there. Then I deleted the folders .e and .e16 and I created the settings from scratch.

Now the icons from the systray are inside the edges of the frame.

The only problem I face is with the icons from the theme I use. They don't turn into the ones that I see on the theme.

Also I cannot add a jpg file as wallpaper. There's a convert error or something.

Agust17
3102 days ago

On the problems of the themes of icons, first verify that you have installed the package "evas-loaders", second extract file icons in your favorite File Manager, Thunar in my case, now as root, copy that folder in usr / share / icons.

Tomáš Čech
3102 days ago

I don't think that problem of icons is caused by loaders. I'll check that removing old config if it works for me too.

The solution for the problem August17 described should be verify that efreet is installed. If you're missing icons, check that you have some installed. Extracting icons by hand is not what usually users want to do.

Efstathios Iosifidis
3102 days ago

I installed evas and edje (Drakevr told me to). But nothing changed. Tomas, do you think those two must be installed with ymp file?

I managed to change the splash screen (see the picture).

But I cannot change the wallpaper using a jpg file. I get convertion error (check the picture). Another guy who installed it in Ubuntu, he told us that he cannot change the wallapaper either. Do you think it's not openSUSE's fault?

Tomáš Čech
3101 days ago

evas and edje should be installed as needed dependency of e17. If it does not, tell me that. Both are essential for E to work properly.

Nice splash, I'm still using default one.

I have just set wallpaper from JPEG image (check the picture). Could you please file a bug? (and follow https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Enlightenment/Contributions, please)

Efstathios Iosifidis
3101 days ago

Well, evas and edje weren't installed. So please check it out.

I did an update (zypper up). There was a message about cpufreq and freqset that I also got when I was setting up from scrach my system. It's nothing serious I guess. I run those 2 commands and everything is OK.

Regarding the wallpaper, I tried after the update (to be sure) and it took the jpg file (the snake). So I guess everything is OK. Thanks.

Tomáš Čech
3099 days ago

Well, evas and edje weren't installed. So please check it out.

None of them is needed. You have libevas1 and libedje1 libraries installed as dependency.

I did an update (zypper up). There was a message about cpufreq and freqset that I also got when I was setting up from scrach my system. It's nothing serious I guess. I run those 2 commands and everything is OK.

Unfortunatelly expected. As a result of openSUSE security audit freqset helper doesn't have SUID bit set so it will fail. You're at least informed how to fix it manually.

We need to remove cpufreq module from default configuration until we have it fixed somehow better.

Regarding the wallpaper, I tried after the update (to be sure) and it took the jpg file (the snake). So I guess everything is OK. Thanks.

Good to hear that.