Connect Home Connect Home

Group discussion > [SOLVED] Login Manager ?

[SOLVED] Login Manager ?

Agust17
3099 days ago

Well in the end I decided to install from Dvd openSUSE 12.2 +E17(x11:Enlightenment:Factory) , the truth is that everything went well, Enlightenment works well, I just had to install some package (edje) to work my way.

But I've noticed that Login Manager (LXDM) does not work, this is normal?

I'm not used to using openSUSE, so I hope not to be angry with me if I comment this kind of issue.

I have also tried changing the Login Manager from Yast (sysconf), but none to work.

PS:
The integration of E17 in openSUSE is very very good, congratulations.

Tomáš Čech
3099 days ago

Sorry, I haven't tested LXDM, my choice is LightDM before Entrance will be ready. On the other hand, it is not usual to have not working DM in distribution :) I used SLiM before and I don't remember why I stopped.

I'm not aware even DM configuration option in YaST, I always edited /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager by hand. I'd check if I have other choices installed.

There is almost no integration of E17 into openSUSE yet :) The only difference is in iBar applications selection for now, but more is in Todo. Most painful is (lack of) graphical su/sudo interface support.

Agust17
3099 days ago

Yeah!!!! changed to "LightDM" and it works perfect. Thank you.

Tomáš Čech
3099 days ago

If you have any helpful information about the LXDM issue, maybe it is worth of bug report...

Agust17
3099 days ago

I guess it is reported.

http://susestudio.com/a/cDRzLz/opensuse-12-2-lxde-xfce-remix

Efstathios Iosifidis
3098 days ago

I think I faced the same "problem". At the login manager I couldn't find how to change the default window manager to Enlightenment. So I did it from YaST. The only problem I had was that although I had the autologin enabled, it always asking me for password. The desktop environment after login was E17. I think this is LXDM problem.

By the way Agust, I had to install edje and evas too. I told Tomas to make a dependency on them.

Agust17
3098 days ago

No I have not had the problem you indicated autologin in LXDM , anyway LightDM works well.

simotek
3097 days ago

KDM also works fine, i normally do a kde install then install enlightenment on top i still use alot of kde apps